Monday, July 27, 2009

How do I take care of my daughter's Hair?

I have a daughter who is 3 years old and I don't know how to take care of her hair. My ex-husband was of white and hispanic descent.Does anyone know any good websites or hair tips?



How do I take care of my daughter's Hair?

OMG. I had a friend who was African American and Indian mixed and he married a caucasion girl. The baby came out with beautiful hair and he was afraid that it would get "nappy" so he would drench his little girls head in oils. Don't do it.



Just wash dry and brush. If its knotty get a kid's leave in conditioner to help detangle.



Also dont rip through the childs hair... my mom used to do that and I made her cut it off when I was young jut so she wouldnt rip my hair out any more.



How do I take care of my daughter's Hair?

what kind of hair does she have?



How do I take care of my daughter's Hair?

don't let your daughter's fair hair fool you!! The so-called 'naps' on the end tell you that your hair is in there somewhere too.



No matter what other race is present when black hair mixes in, it creates the necessity of moisturizing. Our hair is naturally dry. You might want to use a light moisturizer like Pink Oil. Good luck.



How do I take care of my daughter's Hair?

I think that pig tails and briads on little girls are the sweetest thing ever!! That might be an option for controlling it as she grows up. As far as what products to use, I am usure because she sounds like a mix of both of her parents.



As far as "white people hair", usually a child just needs it washed and it's good to go. NO gels or oils needed. May I suggest a spray on conditioner/detangler? It might help to hydrate some of the areas that are more "you" and will save her the pain of combing out hair that is more "him"



ANother tip - black children look adorable with the many braids and the 4 ponytails and the barrettes and the baubles. Put them on a white child and she tends to look overwhelmed. Not sure why - it just is. Try to stick with two things going on her head at once.



Good Luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment